Are You Media Matchmaker Ready?
Media has changed dramatically.
How we consume the news has changed dramatically.
Journalists have adapted and evolved.
Being a member of the Media Matchmaker Club will not only bring you up to speed with how journalists are working in 2022; you will also have all the tools you could possibly need to get into your PR stride and connect to specific media within your sector.
Hi, I’m Rachael Taplin.
If you’re an entrepreneur or SME business owner, I have some important news for you. What’s more, this could without doubt, be one of the most important messages you ever read.
You see, through years of running my own businesses, I’ve become an expert in promoting myself and the value my businesses offer by creating high impact Press Release campaigns.
In fact, I’ve attracted large numbers of new clients and generated masses of previously untapped profit for myself and my clients for FREE. And now I’d like to show you how you can do exactly the same.
Here’s the problem...
Over the years, I’ve noticed most businesses find it tremendously hard to stand out from the crowd and attract high volumes of great clients to fuel increased profits.
You see, most small and medium size businesses struggle with...
- Insufficient supply of high quality prospects
- Low volumes of new clients
- Erratic cash flow
- High marketing costs
- Ineffective marketing strategies
- Inconsistent marketing returns
Also, many businesses find it hard to run an effective PR campaign, because...
- They can’t afford the agency fees
- They have no journalist contacts
- They don’t have a successful, proven PR blueprint to follow
- They find it impossible to come up with interesting stories and angles which will get published
Does that sound like your business?
Within 5 minutes of sending an email to targeted journalists, I secured a meeting with the BBC Radio Solent. Then within a few hours, The Echo asked if I was interested in being a weekly columnist; James Preece asked to sit on a podcast with him; Global Love Reports want an article; BBC Yorkshire is currently lining up an interview. The best response I had would be the Sun Newspaper Fab Supplement wanting an exclusive interview – I had all these responses within 24 hours. It’s already paid for itself I don’t know how many times over!Jacqui Baker Select Connections
Here’s what I discovered...
In my early days in business I quickly realised that to attract more prospects, get great clients and secure premium fees, I had to really stand out from the crowd. The problem was, I had very little idea how to do it.
Back then, I’d created a magazine and website called ‘Mums in Control’. This was the first ever magazine dedicated to working mums. Our aim was to help working mums achieve a great work-life balance.
From day one, I knew I was going to franchise my business model, with franchisees printing local editions around the UK, distributed free of charge to schools, nurseries, businesses, community centres, in fact, anywhere you would find working mums!
In each edition we’d interview inspirational celebrities (each, of course, was a working mum) such as Lorraine Kelly, Sarah Beeny, Dannii Minogue, and Melinda Messenger. At the magazine's peak, we had a print run of 250,000 copies per issue, so we were larger than some of the national parenting titles.
Mums in Control was going really well and I wanted to explore PR to help raise the credibility of the magazine and indeed raise my own personal profile.
The truth is…
Back then, I believed PR was something you had to have an agent for and certainly wasn’t something I could do myself. I was recommended to a PR agency in London and agreed to pay their fee of £1,500 a month. They made no promises of results or media coverage they could secure.
'It’s all about the contacts', they told me!
To be fair, in the six months I used them, they did come good and actually secured me a TV interview with Lorraine Kelly on GMTV (now GMB), plus a small feature in Essentials magazine.
Then one day...
I discovered the secret of how agencies get all their contacts! This literally transformed my perception of PR in an instant – THE light bulb moment.
Here’s what happened...
One day, the PR agency emailed me to see if I’d like to be interviewed by the Daily Mail. They were running a feature on franchising and wanted to speak to a franchise expert.
When I took a look at their email, the PR account manager had simply forwarded on the email the Daily Mail had sent to her. Guess what it showed me? It revealed exactly who wanted to interview me.
I instantly realised...
The PR agency was subscribing to a service which sends media requests from journalists to PR agencies every single day. Journalists are constantly searching for help with stories or expert comments.
The truth is...
PR companies keep this a closely guarded secret, so business owners and entrepreneurs have to pay their £1,500 per month agency fees rather than subscribing to a media request service and cutting out the middleman.
I also learned there are two ways you can secure media coverage
- You can approach the media yourself
- You can get the media to come to you.
I’m going to share with you how you can easily do both!
I started with an introductory email to my local radio station. They invited me onto the show and I was on for about 15 minutes – that was great. I then messaged them a month later with a different idea, so then I went back on the show for more of a discussion / panel aspect, which was good fun. I’ve also had another turn on the same radio station but with a different presenter and they’ve said I can come back next month! If I think back 8 months with the idea that I’ve been on the radio 3 times talking and chatting casually, that would’ve felt way further away than I thought it would be. But actually, within a couple of emails to the right people, I got on the radio quickly!Danny Greeves Danny Greeves Coaching
I decided to get off my backside and create my very own PR campaign without the ‘help’ (or cost) of an agency, by going straight to the journalists who wanted my story. Guess what happened...
Within just 45 days I had secured...
- 70 radio interviews
- Local and national press coverage
- A torrent of great new clients, and...
- £32,345 in my bank account – almost overnight!
Wouldn't that sort of PR result be useful for your business?
But, there’s another problem...
It’s not enough just to know which journalists want your stories and tips.
No...you need to know exactly how to present your content to make them instantly usable and appealing to the journalists and publications. Get this right and you’re virtually guaranteed to get published!
I’ve created Media Matchmaker Club.
Media Matchmaker Club is an online PR training resource, which gives your business the precise step-by-step formula to:
- Craft your own HIGH IMPACT Press Releases
- Find the journalists who want your stories – now!
- Get featured in print, TV, radio, and online
- Develop relationships with your target journalists
- Create and build your personal & business brand
Here’s what you’ll find in the club...
- How to quickly get started creating your PR campaign
- Discover the 3 essential steps to guarantee your message gets published
- The PR Blueprint
- How to easily secure massive media results every time
- The 6 step PR success formula
- Key survey questions – just cut and paste!
- Proven PR examples for you to follow
- The PR Tool Kit
- Essential PR guidelines – make the journalist’s life easy and they’ll publish you every time
- Step-by-step fool proof guide to writing great Press Releases, Bio sheets, Q&A reports, and introductory emails
- Exactly what to do when a journalist actually approaches you and requests content
- Every possible distribution option outlined and explained
- Media Training
- How to get featured on TV
- How to get national press coverage
- How to get national magazine exposure
- Radio producer & presenter ‘top tips’
- PR expert ‘insider secrets’
- 47 ‘off-the-shelf’ PR ideas
- Never again struggle to know what to put in your PR articles. I’ve brought together 47 tried and tested PR ideas, so you don’t have to think of a thing. Just pick an idea and follow the PR tool kit.
- Headline Generator
- The secret to getting great attention is to open with a powerful headline. The problem is, most people find this one of the most difficult parts of the whole process. So, to easily get you round this annoying obstacle, I’ve included a fantastic headline generator tool, which will do all the hard work for you.
- National Days Event Calendar
- Access to over 400 National Awareness & Celebration Days you can use to create campaigns and publicity
- An example of a National Day created by CEO and Founder of Media Matchmaker, Rachael Taplin
I sent out my intro email to the consumer press, to some blogs, to trade publications, and so far I’ve had about 7 confirmations for articles! Some of the journalists have come back to me and they actually want me to write on a regular basis for them focussing on beauty – some are consumer, some are trade as well, so it’s been fantastic. I was surprised at how easy it could be and I actually started getting quite concerned about whether I’d have the time to do all of them! It’s an easy way to start a conversation with a journalist.Janet Milner-Walker Bespoke Advantage
I sent my intro email to the evening standard and the lady was actually writing the article at the time, so I got to put in a quote. She’s writing a series as well so I’m going to go back to her and see what other articles there might be. The telegraph were also interested – they’re going to do a feature article, and the independent have suggested I might do an opinion piece, so I’m going back to them to get more details on that!Catherine Sutton Airborne Allergy Action C.I.C.